The turkey is cooked to perfection, side dishes are prepared, and the aroma of pumpkin pie fills the room. Next, it’s time to create some festive ambiance. T is for Table owner Laura Tarket-Johnson says preparation is key. “Whether you’re hosting for two or 20, the basics of a beautiful table remain the same. My best recommendation is to complete the décor and table setting at least one day in advance. [That way] you will have more time to focus on the details of the meal, as well as entertaining your guests.” While Tarket-Johnson emphasizes the importance of family traditions (she likes to incorporate one piece of her grandmother’s China in her own place setting) she also suggests thinking of something to personalize the experience for her guests. “Place cards and napkin rings can assist with the theme and can be conversation starters. Beautiful napkins can be mixed as well.” Remember, candles are also warm and inviting.
1. Couleur Nature Tablecloth in Forest Harvest, $120
2. Bodrum “Luster” Placemat in Birch, $148 set/4
3. Gracious Goods Charger in Mango Wood, $192 set/4
4. Skyros Designs “Porto” Flatware in Latte, $86/5 piece place setting
5. Skyros Designs “Cantaria” Dinner Plates in Golden Honey, $39 ea.
6. Skyros Designs “Cantaria Cane Weave” Salad Plate, $35 ea.
7. Couleur Nature “Granada” Napkin in Mustard, $90 set/6
8. Fall Sunflower Napkin Ring, local artist.