At Blanco Cocina + Cantina, the buzzy Mexican spot in the 9+Co. development that’s part of restaurateur Sam Fox’s eponymous empire, the buzzy margaritas come with an extra shot of happy.
“Sam Fox named this drink after one of his best friends—a guy our higher-shelf cocktails.” nicknamed Dodge, who always drank a margarita with Don Julio and a Grand Marnier float. We’ve since changed the tequila we used to make it, but its origin story remains the same.”—Isabella Hagaman, Blanco Cocina + Cantina Bartender.
Dodge’s Cadillac Cocktail
- ¼ oz. fresh lime juice
- 3 oz. fresh-made sour mix
- ¾ oz. Combier L'Original D'Orange Liqueur or Cointreau
- 1½ oz. Herradura Silver
- ½ oz. Grand Marnier
- mixed coarse salt for rim (Optional)
- Add ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake. Strain over fresh ice into glass (with optional rim).
- Float ½ oz. of Grand Marnier on top of margarita. Garnish with ½ orange slice.